A balanced diet is one that provides the necessary nutrients for your body to function properly. Everyone in the world wants to live a healthy life and remain disease free. A balanced diet is very important for a healthy life, our body gets enough energy from the balance diet. This diet increases immunity to fight diseases. A balanced diet contributes greatly to the growth of our body and sharpens our mind. Let us know in detail about the balanced diet.
What is balanced diet
A balanced diet is a diet that provides nutrients to your body to function properly. To get proper nutrition in your diet, you must consume most of the calories in a daily diet, a balanced diet should have enough Proteins, carbohydrates and fats, vitamins and minerals are present. For a balanced diet, you should consume fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, whole grains, dry fruits, legumes, lean proteins etc.
Let’s know about calories –
The number of calories in a food is a measure of the amount of energy stored in that food. Your body needs calories to perform any minor task such as walking, thinking, breathing, etc. Any person One needs to eat about 2000 calories every day to maintain his average weight. This calorie value depends on the age, sex, and physical function of each person. Men usually require more calories than women.
Examples of daily calorie intake are based on United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) guidelines:
Way to improve health system
- For 2 to 8 year olds: 1000 to 1,400 calories
- Girls ages 9 to 13: 1,400 to 1,600 calories
- For a 9 to 13 year old boy: 1,600 to 2,000 calories
- Active women ages 14 to 30: 2,400 calories
- Sedentary women 14 to 30 years old: 1,800 to 2,000 calories
- Active men 14 to 30 years old: 2,800 to 3,200 calories
- Sedentary men aged 14 to 30 years: 2,000 to 2,600 calories
- Over 30 years,Active men and women: 2,000 to 3,000 calories Men and women over 30 years old: 1,600 to 2,400 calories
- (Read more – what is calorie, quantity, chart, low calorie diet and how to burn calories…)
- A balanced diet is important for effectively reducing your organs and tissues, a balanced diet contains all kinds of essential elements such as vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin C, ascorbic acid and iron elements, etc., which can increase your immunity.
- And protect you from illness, infection, fatigue, etc. A balanced diet helps in the development of children.
- Rising levels of obesity and diabetes in India are prime examples of a poor diet and lack of exercise.
- According to one example, lack of balanced diet is the leading cause of increasing levels of obesity and diabetes in America, due to which diseases like heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes.
How to get a balanced diet –
You can get a balanced diet from your food, such foods which have low amount of unnecessary fat and sugars and also have high amounts of vitamins, minerals and nutrients. To get a balanced diet below, some foods are being given which will help you in a balanced diet.
- Generally we all know that fruits are beneficial for health. Fruits are a great source of nutrition, with this they make our food tasty, we should eat fruits according to the season so that you always get fresh fruits.
- Stay tuned, because fresh fruits provide the most nutrients. Fruits are high in sugar, they are natural sugar, if you like sweet food then fruits can be a good option instead, if you are suffering from a problem like diabetes then you should eat less sugar.
- Can, those who want to eat fruits for the consumption of carbohydrates, then those people like melons and avocados can take fruits in their diet.
Vegetables for balanced diet
- To make food tasty, we all use different types of vegetables daily, essential vitamins and minerals are found in vegetables, green leafy vegetables usually have the most nutrients and can be eaten in any meal.
- By eating different types of vegetables, we get all kinds of essential minerals.
- Vegetables increase our immunity which helps in fighting the disease.
- Different types of vegetables produce cold and heat in the body according to the season
Proteins for balanced diet
- Proteins are the most important part of balance diet, meat and legumes are the main source of protein, protein is very essential for the development of muscles and brain of our body, low fat meat like protein, fish and meat etc. Can be a good choice.
- Apart from this, dry fruits and legumes are good sources of protein, it also contains fiber and other nutrients, eating it has many other health benefits as well, protein provides the necessary calorie energy that our body needs.
- In addition, lentils, legumes, peas, almonds, walnuts and other soy-based products are good sources of protein for vegetarians.
Include carbohydrates in a balanced diet –
Carbohydrates are the main source of energy to our body, grains are considered as the best source of getting carbohydrates, most people use refined white flour than any other grain, low levels of nutrient in refined white flour Because the outer shell or layer of the grain is removed during the refining process, the highest amount of nutrient content in the grain is in the outer shell of the grain. Some other sources of carbohydrates like pulses, rice, pasta, root vegetables etc. come.
Dairy products for balanced diet
We all use dairy products every day in the house in some way and also know that it is beneficial for our body, these products contain calcium, vitamin D, and other essential nutrients that our It is beneficial for health, it is the main source of fat. Calcium makes our bones strong, it helps our body in great development, seeing its benefits, you can use milk, yogurt, cheese, and milk products. Take it regularly
Oils should be used sparingly in balanced diet
Oils should be used sparingly. Using more oil is harmful to our body, so you should use low-fat and low-sugar foods in your diet, you can use chutney and mayonnaise in your diet, olive oil can be used in other fatty vegetables. Can replace oil, avoid eating foods with more spices.
Apart from having a balanced diet in your diet, you should consume less of some substances which are harmful to your health like
- Solid fat
- Saturated fat
- Trans fat
- More salt
- More sugar, etc.
If you have questions about a balanced diet or need to find that you lose weight or change their eating habits, then set an appointment with your doctor or dietitian.They may suggest dietary changes that will help you get the necessary nutrition while promoting your overall health.
You may also read following articles,