What is Vitamin D and what is its role in your body?
Vitamin d enriched foods -Vitamin D is an element that helps in the absorption of calcium in the body.
Calcium has been considered extremely important for better bone health.
Therefore, bones related disorders (osteoporosis and rickets etc.) may surround you due to vitamin D deficiency.
It also works to increase your nerve, muscle and body resistance. Its appropriate amount in the body can be helpful in giving you a better and healthier life.
Note– Normally, a healthy person needs 400 to 800 IU (International Unit) of Vitamin D per day.After knowing the role and utility, we will talk about vitamin D diet, through which its deficiency can be met.
Vitamin D Enriched Foods:
Vitamin d enriched foods are following,
- Sunlight has been considered as a better option to meet vitamin D deficiency.
- It is said that adequate amounts of vitamin D can be achieved only by spending time in sunlight.
- Let me tell you, this is possible only when the sunlight falls directly on your limbs.
At the same time, you may have to face the consequences of staying in contact with different sunlight for longer.
The reason is that ultraviolet rays involved in sunlight can cause irritation, itching, and other skin disorders on the body.
Therefore, this deficiency can be overcome by including a diet containing vitamin D in its food content.
Note– It is believed that morning sunlight is considered to be the best for intake of vitamin D.
- Eggs are found in good amounts of calcium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus as well as vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E, vitamin K and vitamin D.
- They are very beneficial for your health. For this reason eggs can be included in the diet containing vitamin D.
- By consuming it, you are also deficient in vitamin D as well as other nutrients.
Quantity– 100 grams of eggs contain about 82 IU (International Unit) of Vitamin D.
3.Vitamin D in fish.
- Talking about salmon fish, it is a better option to overcome vitamin D deficiency.
- Provided you have no refrain in taking non-veg diet. According to experts,vitamin D is found in such abundant quantity in this fish that you will not need anything else after its consumption.
Quantity– 100 grams of salmon fish contains about 245 IU (International Unit)Vitamin D-3 (6).
- Like salmon fish, mackerel fish is also able to meet the need of vitamin D in the body.
- It is said to have a better effect than salmon fish. It is counted as a good source of vitamin D (7).
Quantity– In general, 352 to 644 IU (International Unit) Vitamin D can be found in 100 grams of mackerel (7).
3.Herring (Hilsa) fish-
- When talking about the use of herring fish in a vitamin D diet, its use as a source of vitamin D can prove to be quite beneficial.
- According to experts, this vitamin, which is considered necessary for better functioning of the body, is found in very good amounts in it.
Quantity– Vitamin D is found in about 100 grams of herring fish ranging from 228 to 616 IU (International Unit).
Vitamin D enriched foods: -FISH
- Now let’s talk about catfish. It is also considered to be a better option to meet vitamin D deficiency.
- The reason is, the abundant amount of this vitamin found in it. Its use alone is able to fulfill the amount of vitamin D needed in your body.
Quantity– About 425 IU (International Unit) of vitamin D is found in 85 grams of catfish (wild).
- By using carp fish, one can get rid of the problems caused by Vitamin D in the body.
- It is said that vitamin D is present in very high amounts in it.
- For this reason,its regular use does not allow this particular vitamin to be reduced in the body.
Quantity– Vitamin D can be found up to 988 IU (international unit) in 100 grams of carp fish.
6.Canned Tuna Fish –
- This species of fish can also prove to be effective in fulfilling the required amount of Vitamin D in the body.
- The reason is that like other fish given above, it is also rich in this special vitamin.
- Therefore, its regular use as a vitamin D diet can be helpful in keeping the risks of its deficiency away.
Quantity– Vitamin D is present in about 268 IU (International Unit) in 100 grams of canned tuna fish.
- Milk is one of the most vitamin d enriched food.If you are a vegetarian and are worried about how to complete vitamin D deficiency, then there is no need to worry.
- Let me tell you, milk is such a diet, which can be called a store of many nutrients.
- The reason is that it contains plenty of calcium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus as well as vitamin A, B, D, E and K.
- At the same time, due to the presence of vitamin D in it, it also proves helpful in removing the risks related to it.
- Therefore, this source can be used as vitamin D foods.
Quantity– About 115 to 124 IU (International Unit) of vitamin D is found in one glass of milk (about 226 ml).
- Most people will be aware that orange juice contains vitamins A, B, C, E along with calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium and phosphorus.
- Apart from this, vitamin D is also found in plenty in it.
- For this reason, orange can also be used as a vitamin D fruit to overcome problems related to it.
Amount- One glass (about 226 ml) of orange juice contains about 100 IU(International Unit) of Vitamin D.
- Mushrooms are also included in vitamin D foods.
- Like others, vitamin D is not found in large amounts in it, but somewhere its use can prove to be helpful in preventing the risks related to this problem.
- Especially for those who are avoiding non-veg diet .
Quantity– Please tell that about 41 IU (International Unit) of Vitamin D is found in one cup of mushroom.
7.Cod Liver Oil
- Cod liver oil is prepared from the liver of cod fish.
- It is said that many types of nutrients are found in it, which are used in the treatment of many serious diseases.
- Apart from this, it is also considered a good source of Vitamin D. Vitamin D is replenished in the body by its regular use.
Quantity– About 210 to 250 IU (international unit) of vitamin D is present in 100 grams of cod liver oil.
- There are many options for non-veg eaters to get Vitamin D, but for pure vegetarian people the amount of Vitamin D foods is quite limited.
- In such a situation, they can use serials to fill this gap.Please tell that different grains are available in the market nowadays (eg: wheat,maize, millet).
- Therefore, if you select it to meet vitamin D deficiency, then check the information given about the ingredients on its packet once. See the amount of vitamin D in the cereal you are choosing.
Quantity- Normally, from 50 to 100 IU (international unit) of vitamin D is available in serales. So it would be better if you select only the serials with 100 IU.
- Soy products (eg: tofu, soy milk and soy yogurt) can also prove to be very beneficial to meet vitamin D deficiency.
- It is believed that they are rich in protein. For this reason vitamin D is also present in them.
- Vegetarian people can overcome vitamin D deficiency by using these products.
- Vitamin D content- Soy products can contain vitamin D up to 80 to 200 IU(international units). This quantity can vary according to different products.
Vitamin d enriched foods :
- Oysters can also be used as a better alternative to vitamin D.
- The reason is that calcium, iron, potassium and sodium along with vitamin D are also found in abundance in it.
- Therefore, using it as vitamin D foods can prove to be very beneficial.
Amount- Vitamin D is believed to be achieved in up to 250 IU (international units) in two normal servings of oysters.
- As mentioned earlier in the article, vitamin D is found in good amount in milk.
- At the same time, its quantity is also found in yogurt made from milk.
- The special thing is that curd has more ability to meet the deficiency of this particular vitamin than milk. For this reason, it can be used as a source of vitamin D.
Quantity- In general about 80 to 200 IU (international unit) of vitamin D can be found in about 170 grams of curd.
- Butter contains calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc and sodium along with vitamins A, B, E and K.
- At the same time, it is also confirmed through another research that it also has good amount of Vitamin D.
- Therefore, it can be said that the use of butter can also fulfill the deficiency of vitamin D in the body.
Quantity- About 60 IU (International Unit) of Vitamin D is found in 100 grams of butter (7).
- Beef liver is rich in calcium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus along with vitamins A, B, C, K and E.
- In addition, vitamin D is also found in it.For this reason, it can be believed that vitamin D is also supplied with essential nutrients in the use of beef liver.
- Therefore, it is counted as a source of vitamin D.
Quantity– About 48 IU (international unit) of vitamin D is available in 100 grams of beef liver.
- Ricotta cheese can also be used to compensate for vitamin D deficiency.
- It contains calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc as well as vitamins A, B,K, E and D.
- For this reason its use can reduce the risks from vitamin D deficiency to a great extent.
Amount– Vitamin D can be supplied up to 10 IU (international unit) by consuming 100grams of ricotta cheese.
- Salami is used to dry meat, especially with pork meats.
- It contains calcium, iron,magnesium, phosphorus as well as vitamins A, B, E and D (18).
- Therefore, it can be used as a source of vitamin D.
Quantity– Vitamin D is available for about 36 IU (International Unit) in 100 grams of salami.
- You can also use shrimp fish counted in c-food to meet vitamin D deficiency.
- It is also rich in vitamins A and D along with calcium, iron, sodium.
- For this reason, it can be said that the consumption of shrimp can be effective in eliminating the problems caused by vitamin D deficiency (19), (20).
Quantity– About 150 IU (international unit) of vitamin D is found in 100 grams of shrimp.
You may also read following articles,