Causes of Vitamin D Deficiency
Let us look at the points given below to find out the reason for vitamin D deficiency.
- Not getting enough sunlight can be the main reason for vitamin D deficiency.
- Relying on pure vegetarianism can also be a cause of vitamin D deficiency.
- Dark skin can also be a major reason. It is believed that due to having dark skin, vitamin D cannot be absorbed or delayed by sunlight.
- It may also be deficient in the body due to liver or kidney failure.
- The body may not be able to activate vitamin D due to the intake of a particular medicine.
- In the following article, we will talk about how to identify vitamin D deficiency.
You may see some of these symptoms when you are deficient in vitamin D
- Frequent pain in bones or persistence.
- Myalgia (joint and muscle pain).
- Excess weakness or feeling tired.
How much vitamin D do you need?
- Talking about the need for vitamin D every day, it can vary with age.
- Children from birth to 12 months require about 400 IU (International Unit) of Vitamin D.
- Around 600 IU (International Unit) is required between the age of one year and 71 years.
- After crossing the age of 71 years, the body needs about 800 IU (International Unit) of Vitamin D.
- In the next article, we will learn about what are the diseases caused by this deficiency.
Vitamin D deficiency diseases in the body
Some of the diseases caused by vitamin D deficiency are as follows
- Deficiency of vitamin D causes bones to become weak, which increases the risk of osteoporosis (bone weakening and flexing).
- Due to its deficiency in children, there is a risk of serious disease like rickets(softening of bones). At the same time, there is a risk of osteomalacia (softening of bones) from its deficiency in adults.
- In many cases its deficiency affects BP, sugar and cancer as well as the immunity of the body.
- After knowing which disease is caused by this deficiency, we talk about the damage caused by its overdose.
Disadvantages of taking too much vitamin D
As everyone knows that the excess of anything always brings bad results. Something similar is also with vitamin D.
- Its intake in high amounts is known as vitamin D toxicity.
- Due to this, side effects such as nausea, vomiting, irregular appetite, constipation, weakness and weight gain can be seen.
- Excess intake of this can cause many kidney problems.
- Excessive intake of this may increase calcium levels in the blood, causing an increased risk of hypercalcemia (confusion, disorientation, and problems with heartbeat).
Through the article, complete information has been given about the symptoms that appear due to its deficiency.For any other type of suggestions and questions in this subject, you can connect with us through the comment box below.
You may also read following article,