Does Vitamin C help the immune system?: Vitamin C increases our immunity. Regular intake reduces the risk of cold, cough, and other infections. Not only this, but it also protects against many types of cancer and keeps you healthy in every way, know what is vitamin C and why it is important for us:
What is Vitamin C
- Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid. It is one of the most essential nutrients to run the functioning of our body smoothly.
- Vitamin C is not only necessary for humans, but also for other spawning animals.
- The only difference is that many mammals produce vitamins with the help of their body cells, whereas humans, guerrillas, etc. cannot do so.
- This is the reason that it is necessary for us to eat fruits and vegetables or supplements rich in vitamin C. To stay healthy, it is very important that you take the right quantity and take it at the right time.
Why do we need it?
- Vitamin C plays the role of a preservative in our body. This nutrient protects our cells from free radicals and increases our immunity, which reduces the risk of cold, cough, and other infections.
- Not only this, but it also protects against many types of cancer. Also, revitalizes the supply of vitamin E in the body and also enhances the absorption capacity of iron.
- It also acts as an anti-allergic and anti-oxidant and also helps to keep teeth, gums, and eyes healthy.
Signs of deficiency
- Frequent colds, weak immunity, tiredness, sudden weight loss, dry hair, hair fall, uneven skin tone, slow healing of wounds, and dental problems are considered symptoms of vitamin C deficiency.
- Vitamin C, along with other nutrients like vitamin A and iron, increases the body’s immunity and keeps the body healthy. Vitamin C is soluble, so excess nutrients are easily passed out of the body through urination.
- Some of the food and beverages available in the market are vitamin C, says Gadit, an in-house nutritionist at Gold Gym. Fortified means that vitamin C is added to them.
- To know the right amount of vitamin C in those products, always read the level of vitamin C in the products. Keeping vitamin C foods in gas or oven or boiling and storing them for a long time reduces their nutritional value.
- Therefore, to get the maximum benefit of Vitamin C, eat only raw fruits and vegetables.
- You can also take vitamin C in the form of supplements. But do this only with the advice of a doctor, because excessive intake of it causes a risk of stomach upset, nausea, or an increase in uric acid in the body.
- All the major organs of our body like the brain, lungs, pancreas, and kidneys, etc. need vitamin C to work properly.
Vitamin C helps immune system?
Vitamin C is one of the safest and effective nutrients. Experts also recommend taking vitamin C after workouts.
You may have noticed that many athletes or professional bodybuilders consume orange after exercising. Orange is a good source of vitamin C.
According to a recent study published in Preventive and Alternative Medicine, in more than 100 studies in 10 years, the list of benefits of vitamin C is increasing. (1)
According to researcher Mark Moyed, MD, MPH, University of Michigan, “Vitamin C benefits the body in many ways. Today I will tell you how vitamin C benefits your body.
Vitamin C is crucial vitamin for the body. It is not produced in the body, so it has to be taken through food or supplements. It is also known as L-ascorbic acid (L-ascorbic acid), ascorbic acid or L-ascorbate.
The deficiency of this water-soluble vitamin can be met with food. But if someone is unable to meet its deficiency due to food, then supplements / capsules are also available in the market for them.
If you take it by diet, there is no deficiency in the body. Lack of it can also cause some health problems in your body.
Sources of Vitamin C
- There is no need to work hard to supply vitamin C in the body. This is accomplished with everyday food and drink. A deficiency is also seen in those who consume more strict diet.
- Eating raw vegetables and fruits provides more vitamin C than cooked vegetables. Actually, cooking vegetables in water reduces the amount of vitamin C.
- Citrus fruits, tomatoes, potatoes, red chillies, oranges, strawberries and spinach etc. are good sources of vitamin C.And Vitamin C helps immune system too.
If someone is deficient in vitamin C, it is advised to eat limcee tablet or celin tablet.
Vitamin C Deficiency
According to the National Institutes of Health, people who reduce the intake of fruits and vegetables can often see vitamin C deficiency.
Vitamin C deficiency can cause swollen joints, loose teeth and jams, besides bleeding gums and loose teeth. Apart from this, such people may also have anemia, tiredness etc. problems.
How much vitamin C do you need
According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), if you are consuming sufficient amounts of fruits and vegetables, then there is no need to take Vitamin C Supplements.
If you include a 500 mg tablet of vitamin C in your diet, it will not harm you. Up to 2,000 mg of vitamin C taken every day is completely safe. (2)
Be sure to consult a doctor before adding vitamin C supplements to the diet.
Benefits Of Vitamin C
Vitamin C helps immune system?
- According to a study done in 1982, vitamin C helps in healing wounds and cuts faster. (3)
- Vitamin C acts as a defense system of the skin. Therefore it is helpful in keeping glowing skin.
- Vitamin C is a very good source of antioxidants. It can also go a long way in dealing with the problems of Chronic Diseases. (4)
- Vitamin C can help prevent respiratory infections. Also, can help physically stressed people.
- Vitamin C is helpful in controlling blood pressure. High blood pressure can cause heart problems, which are the major cause of death. According to the study, vitamin C relaxes blood vessels, which helps in controlling blood pressure. (5)
- Vitamin C helps to boost immunity. In addition, it also helps in the production of white blood cells. They protect the body from infection. (6)
- Vitamin C helps a lot in cardiovascular health. It widens the blood vessels. This can prevent problems like heart disease or high blood pressure.
- Vitamin C also controls cholesterol levels.
Vitamin C Disadvantages
- A high amount of vitamin C can cause stomach irritation. This means that the body is not absorbing the amount of vitamin C that you are taking. This can also cause diarrhea.
- If you use vitamin C supplements more then you may have kidney stone problem.
- You should talk to a doctor before taking vitamin C, because high levels of vitamin C can cause tissue damage to the body.
you may also read following articles,