How does the N95 mask protect against covid19:Corona virus is also spreading in India. N95 masks are being sold at double the price in Delhi’s wholesale and retail markets due to its growing impact and the rapid global demand for masks. Usually, the surgical mask which was available for Rs 10, is being sold for more than Rs 40. While the N95 mask is usually available for around Rs 150, it is being sold for up to Rs 500.
Masks ranging from 3000 to 35000 rupees are also being sold in the online market at this time. But to avoid Corona, we will tell you which masks you need and how many types of masks are there.
Surgical mask usually available to avoid corona or any other disease is of no use. For this, a mask of good quality is required which is called a respirator. But in masks and respirators people usually get confused.
How is a respirator different from a surgical mask?
Respirators are useful to prevent pollution and diseases like coronavirus. By what percentage it can stop the particles present in the air and how many size particles it can stop, it is identified according to it.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-
The N90 Respirator, which has the highest demand to avoid the corona virus, protects up to 90 percent. The N95 saves up to 95 percent and the N100 defends up to 99.97 percent.
It is a personal protection instrument that health workers use to treat patients with severe illness or sick people use it so that their disease does not spread to anyone else. But due to fear of corona virus, now everyone wants to buy these masks.
Respirators such as the N90 and labor-intensive companies that make masks claim that wearing their masks can prevent them from getting sick. But no company avoids the risk of 100% rescue.
How does the N95 mask protect against covid19
The WHO has given some precautions to wear and use masks / respirators to avoid corona.
- If you do not wear the respirator mask properly or do not take precautions while throwing it right. Then it can increase the risk of infection.
- Many people put more hands on the face after wearing a mask.
- If you do not wash your hands before and after wearing the mask, you may be more prone to cornea.
- Whether you are healthy, you only need to wear masks when you are taking care of corona virus patients or patients with symptoms.
- If you are coughing or sneezing, wear a mask.
- If you are wearing a mask, then you should know how to use and dispose of it.
How does the N95 mask protect against covid19
Wash hands before wearing a mask
- Hand sanitizer with alcohol base, or wash hands with soap and water before wearing a mask
- Cover your mouth, nose with a mask and make sure that there is no space between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask after wearing it. If you have to do this, do it by washing your hands with an alcohol base soap
- Do not use single use mask again, do not use the mask again if it is slow or wet.
- To remove the mask, do not touch it from the front, hold it from behind and remove it immediately and put it in a covered dustbin.
- After removing the mask, wash hands again with alcohol base soap and water.
How often can one wear N90 / N95 Respirator Mask?
- How long or how often you can wear an N90 or N95 mask depends on what you do by wearing it.
- The ideal situation is that the N95 mask should be changed every day but it is applicable for healthcare workers.
- But if you are using a mask like N90 in your daily life, then it should be changed on 10-11 days.
- Your face sweat can also increase the risk of infection by accumulating inside the mask for more days.
The more the moistur gets deposited in the respirator mask, the more difficult it becomes to breathe. If you feel that you will take full care in wearing a respirator mask and using it, then use it only.
It is not yet proven that the corona spreads through the air. These days there is already a shortage of respirator masks for the healthworkers and corona patients in hospitals.
If you are healthy, then while buying these masks from the market, keep in mind that somewhere you are not creating problems for those who really need it. Otherwise, in the midst of the well-known market and the current lack of N90 masks in hospitals, you can create a shortage for hospitals and health care workers.
Whatever mask you are wearing, it should be able to authentically purify 95 percent of the air in PM 2.5. This certification must be American NOISH, which has stamped N95, N99 and N100, or European EN149 FFP2 or Chinese YY-0469.
You may also read following articles,