- Stop eating rice, eat more bread
- Drink sugarless tea
- Stop the sweet stuff completely and eat only salt things
You must have heard many such things at one time or another.
We have good news for you — you do not have to give up all your favorite food items in diabetes. Wondering what happened? But we are not joking.
You can eat everything in diabetes, provided that care should be taken to balance the right amount of food. You should not eat too much or too little of anything, but eat them by balancing them.
Make diabetes friendly food at home with these tips.
What you eat, what you don’t eat, how much you eat, and how often you eat all these things are quite complicated — but don’t worry! We are telling you that such a diet plan will help you keep a check on your blood sugar level.
Important thing to note:
This healthy diabetes diet plan is made in general. You can adopt this as a reference. But what kind of food you should adopt in particular, you should consult your doctor or dietician, because they are aware of your medical history.
With this, we now tell what things should be in the food of a person affected by diabetes:
Wake up and start the day beautifully! Start the morning with a glass of lukewarm water, which removes unnecessary things from the body, and eat one tablespoon of fenugreek powder. Fenugreek powder gives a lot of benefit in diabetes.
2.Breakfast before the morning:
Usually, before starting the morning rush, one should be relaxed and drink tea or coffee and eat a healthy breakfast. But this is not possible for most of us. You must consider breakfast in your busy lifestyle. It is very important to have breakfast in the morning.
Let us tell you some delicious and healthy options for morning breakfast, from which you can choose your favorite breakfast:
- 1 cup of tea / coffee / chhas / yogurt
- 1 bowl porridge and one cucumber
- A bowl of milk with milk and cucumber or tomato
- Wheat porridge with milk and 1 cucumber or tomato
- Vegetable moong chila made from 2–3 vegetables
- Upma of a bowl vegetable porridge
- 2 rotis with 1 bowl of vegetable (green leafy vegetables like spinach, radish, fenugreek)
- 2 whole grain breads + egg yolks with lots of vegetables
1.In the second half of the morning:
Most diabetics often make the mistake of keeping a gap of time between their meals. Do not do this. Eat food on time. You can eat what you like from the options below:
- A handful of roasted chickpea with 1 cup green tea
- Or a fruit (apple / per / orange / 2–3 pieces papaya / guava)
Eat well, feel good! Include nutritious things in your food. Here are some things that you can choose for your lunch.
- 2 roti 1 large bowl of vegetable + 1 bowl of lentils +1 bowl salad/ sprouted grains / yogurt / chas / 2–3 pieces of chicken / fish
- 1 large bowl of vegetable porridge polenta with curd
- 2 cucumber /1 bowl salad/ 2 tomatoes + half bowl brown rice + a large bowl of vegetables + lentils / sprouted grains/ yogurt / chas / 2–3 pieces chicken / fish
Eat an evening breakfast of 4–5 pm without forgetting — it is very important. If you feel hungry, you can erase your hunger by eating any of these things:
- 1 whole fruit (apple / per / orange / 2–3 pieces of papaya / guava)
- 1 handful gram (boiled or roasted)
- Dried bhel (cucumber, tomato, green peas, onion, coriander)
- Chas (without salt or sugar)
- Sandwich (avoid using butter, cheese and mayonnaise)
Eat less? No! Rather eat right! You can eat these things in dinner. Make sure to include any vegetable of your choice in the salad, but keep away from beets and tubers.
- 1 bowl salad / 2 cucumber / 2 tomatoes / 2 roti / 1 large bowl of vegetables + 1 bowl of lentils / sprouted grains / yogurt / chas / 2–3 pieces of chicken / fish
- Or 1 large bowl vegetable porridge polenta
- Or 1 bowl salad / 2 cucumber / tomato + 1 roti made of multigrain flour or rotla i.e. millet bread + 1 bowl of dal / curd / chas / 2–3 pieces of chicken / fish
Eat dry fruits! You can take 2 walnuts or 4 almonds with 1 glass of lukewarm milk before sleeping.
You may also read following articles,