- The number of infected coronaviruses worldwide went exceeded 5.4 million. At present, more than 100 teams of scientists are engaged in making vaccines. Meanwhile, new signs and symptoms of coronavirus are coming out.
Recently, it was found that after recovering from the infection, patients are showing symptoms of thyroid. In this patient, there is a pain in the throat and there is difficulty in swallowing anything. It is believed to be a virus-borne thyroid, which is called subacute thyroiditis.
What does the study say?
This study appeared in The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, according to which the disease is not a permanent thyroid, but a post-viral effect.
It has been observed that the coronavirus is affecting not only the langs but also other parts of the body. To investigate this, a study was done by the University Hospital of Pisa, Italy.
Francisco Latropha, a scientist involved in this, says that while treating patients of Covid-19, scientists should also be alert for this disease because it is visible in many patients.
For example, a 19-year-old patient who had completely recovered from Corona complained of sore throat, fever, and increased heartbeat a few days later. On being taken to the hospital, it was found that she had become a victim of subacute thyroiditis. Whereas before this he had no complaints of the thyroid.
Coronavirus affects thyroid gland disease:
- This is a thyroid disorder, due to which inflammation occurs in the thyroid gland found in the throat.
- It is believed that this is a post-viral infection in corona patients, which is caused by upper respiratory tract infection.
- However, many other viral diseases like Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) and HIV. In the case of the corona, this is scary because if the disease does not get caught and there is no treatment, then the patient can have thyroid forever.
Symptoms of thyroid are easily recognizable in corona patients. Such as pain and fever in the throat and jaws. Being constantly tired and feeling hot. In this thyroid caused by the virus, the voice becomes heavy and there is difficulty in swallowing anything.
What is thyroid disease?
- The thyroid is a type of gland found in the throat. This gland is butterfly-shaped. And the front part of the throat is found on the underside of the vocal cord. Which controls metabolism.
- This gland does not work normally in people suffering from this disease. In this, the production of the thyroid hormone is reduced or increased.
- Due to this, the work of all the organs of the body and especially the digestive organs are badly affected because this hormone controls metabolism.
Other organs also affected
- Due to its ability to attack almost every part of the body, scientists are finding it so difficult to prepare a corona vaccine or any effective medicine.
- The coronavirus affects not only the lungs, but also the heart, kidneys, and even the brain. The conditions created by the virus attack on the lungs disrupt the blood flow and cause blood clotting.
- Since it is difficult for the blood from the heart to reach other organs, there is an increased risk of stroke or pulmonary embolism.
Apart from this, patients can be victims of kidney failure. Cytokine does not allow blood supply to the kidney due to direct infection of the virus or there is a possibility of fatal damage to the kidney due to an earlier disease like diabetes. Neurology related problems can be seen in many. In those patients, there can be complaints like stroke, odor, or taste sensation, depression.