Allergic Rhinitis: According to the World Health Organization, 25 to 26 percent of the total population of the world is suffering from allergies in one way or another.
All these types of allergies, such as the nose, respiratory system, eyes, and skin, only allergic allergy (allergic rhinitis) is often more than 50 percent…
Allergic asthma and allergic rhinitis are both secondary and allergic allergies of the Respiratory system. 440 million people in the world undergo allergic rhinitis and 320 million people suffer from asthma and the no. of patients suffering from these types of diseases is continuously increasing in developing and developed countries.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), by 2025, nearly 400 million of the world will suffer from asthma, which is a concern.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), allergic rhinitis is among the first 10 diseases with chronic disability. Thus, allergic rhinitis causes disintegration in our everyday lives.
What is allergy?
- When attacking harmful, hurtful things like germs (bacteria or viruses) in your body, the immune system also identifies the antagonist and then attack.
- But periodically your immune system lapses to recognize the antagonist.
- At some time, your immunity reacts to common things like the hair of animals, soil, dust, some food items, as well as pollination of plants. This reaction is called as an Allergy.
- Allergies show their negative impact on many parts of your body like skin, eyes, and nose. Her influence directly attacks the nose, so you constantly running nose, sneezing, and blocked nose or itchy nose.
Causes of allergic rhinitis
Some things can cause allergic rhinitis known as allergens, such as-
- House dust.
- Pollen particles of trees and grasses.
- Hair or fibers of the animal.
- Any type of element of smoke, dust, or pollution.
- Food, such as eggs, milk, pulses, etc.
Is it allergic rhinitis or common cold?
We know that allergens are caused by allergic rhinitis, whereas germs are the cause of common cold and cold. Because of these two you sneeze, your nose is runny or blocked, or you feel itchy nose. But there are some symptoms that tell you how to find the difference between the two. It can be allergic rhinitis, if…
- If you do not have fever or body pain (muscle pain).
- If the stool in your nose remains clean and flowing, not yellow, green, and thick.
- Whether you sneeze several times at once.
- If your nose, ears, and throat feel itchy.
- Water flows from your eyes.
- If this type of problem lasts longer than common cold and cold.
Although allergic rhinitis is not fatal, it can definitely cause blockage in your continuous good life. It disrupts sleep and contrarily affects study and office work.
Now you only think that every time you will be constantly troubled by sneezes, then how can you live a better life? Not only this, if it is not treated, allergic rhinitis can be caused or accompanied by other diseases, such as-
Due to swelling of the skin inside the nose, lumps are formed in it, which are called polyps of the nose( nasal polyps). These polyps can be so large that they close the nose and can cause difficulty in breathing
The empty spaces around the nasal bones are called sinuses. In these sions, feces are collected. It contains germs of the disease. This may cause heaviness and headaches.
- Conjunctivitis is the upper layer of the white part of the eye. An allergy to conjunctivitis is called conjunctivitis.
- Inflammation of the eye due to allergies, eyes are reddening, itching, and watery nose.
- The symptoms of the common cold and cold and allergic rhinitis are similar.
- Such people have a habit of buying syrup or antibiotics for colds without consulting a doctor, while in treating allergic rhinitis, it is best to visit a doctor. Guidance can be given for correct treatment. •
Avoiding allergic rhinitis
Try to stay as far away from the allergens around you as you can.
- Stay away from hairy animals. If you have a pet, keep it apart from the bedroom.
- Always wash and clean your home curtains, sheets, carpets,1, and toys.
- If possible, wash your pillow and mattress cover by boiling it regularly in hot water and keep it clean.
- If you have a vacuum cleaner at home, then it would be better to use a vacuum cleaner.
- Avoid smoking at home.
Allergic rhinitis: treatment
- The anti-Histaminic drugs and nasal spray give relief to allergic rhinitis temporary, but the disease is not effective in eliminating from its roots and they have some side effects.
- The Allergy Test (Modified Prec Test) is the most suitable test for diagnosing nasal allergens so that within a few minutes, the allergens are detected without pain, without discomfort, without even 1 drop of blood. This test is also economical and reliable.
- Once the nasal allergy is detected then treatment is very simple and if it is not possible to stay away from these factors then painless injections of subcutaneous immunotherapy validated by the World Health Organization or sublingual immunotherapy form drops below the tongue Use of medicine is very beneficial. This treatment is long but simple and economical. At the same time, the side effects are not equal. There are 60 to 70 percent of this method of allergic reactions in the nose and respiratory system has long-term satisfactory results.